Ways and reasons to uninstall Avast Antivirus
Different antivirus applications and programs have been around for quite a long period of time. The first of them were introduced in the end of the 1980s and began to gain popularity among common computer users in the early 2000s. There is no need to explain the importance of use of such programs to PC users nowadays, but some questions are still to be answered. Sometimes users do not need the functionality of the antivirus programs or want to get rid of them because of other reasons. This article will provide the most relevant information on how to do that.
How to delete Avast Antivirus from PC?
The main function of antivirus application is obvious as it lies in the name of the program itself, but the market of these applications has faced some issues this decade. Developers improved computer operating systems to the point, where all the important functions are already in-built. Latest versions of Windows OS offer antivirus protection services without installing additional software. However, these in-built antivirus applications, like Avast antivirus are not the most convenient and can cause slowdowns of the performance of the system. Some users may face difficulties with uninstalling them, but in reality, there is nothing complicated in the process.
How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus:
- Open the Apps and Features page by clicking the Windows start button in the bottom left, and choose it from the menu. Find Avast Antivirus and select uninstall.
- The dialog asking permission from User Account Control should appear. Confirm your actions there by clicking “Yes”.
- Right-click Uninstall in the Avast Setup wizard and confirm the action in the following dialog window.
- Wait until the end of the process and restart your computer after. Remember that you can always reinstall it on your PC using the official website.
Reasons to stop using Avast Antivirus
If you are still on the fence about whether you should use in-built Avast Antivirus or find a better solution, consider the following draws of it:
- In-built antivirus protection functions can sometimes consume many virtual resources of the computer, because it runs in the background. Third-party antivirus programs on the other hand, have a function of systematic scans and sometimes even a game mode, which can boost the performance significantly by disabling the background scanning process.
- Avast Antivirus lacks additional functions, which gives other antivirus programs an edge over it.
- Background scanning can be annoying and notifications from antivirus can disturb you in the most inappropriate time.
Antivirus software has become an integral part of the computer ecosystem due to the increase of hostile software, viruses and malware that evolve and become more dangerous for the computers. Some users prefer to use operation systems in-built antiviruses and others look for the perfect third-party solution on the market of cybersecurity programs. Some pre-installed antivirus programs can be annoying, but you can always delete them following given instructions.